Sunday, November 7
Join us for a knit-a-thon in support of the Racial Justice Center (RJC), in Omaha, NE. We will knit up Float On Cowls to sell in support of the RJC, the future permanent home of Harriet’s Dream, which is the only racial trauma healing and wellness center for Black women. We know that Racial Justice is important to many of you and look forward to moving our needles together as we move money to this building fund!
How it works:
- Register below (registration costs go towards materials).
- Pick up a yarn bundle at Dappled Fern or choose shipping option at check out. Bundles are made up of 4 skeins of luxury fibers that knit up into beautiful, squishy keepsake accessories.
- Join Alyssa, Brienne, and Dorothy at Dappled Fern for a mini retreat on November 7th as we cast on the cowls together. Pattern provided.
- Finish your cowl and drop it off to sell at Dappled Fern by Dec 1. These lovingly-made, luxurious cowls will make very special gifts.
- If you don't finish by Dec 1, that's okay! We'll add your cowl to the shop when it's ready.
- 100% of cowl proceeds will go the RJC.
Other ways to participate and support the Racial Justice Center:
- Donate directly to the RJC GoFundMe. All amounts are welcome! Many small donations can make a big difference.
- Purchase a finished cowl at Dappled Fern. We will let you know when they are available!